• Carate Urio lago di Como
  • Carate Urio lake Como
  • Carate Urio Comer see

Carate Urio

The City was established administratively in 1927 with the merger of Urio and Carate Lario. In 1647 Carate became a fief of Gallio, the Dukes of Alvito, Urio, in 1731, it was granted to the Della Porta.
Both centers have ancient origins testified by the remains of Gallic tombs and Roman civilization discovered last century in this area.

Urio, in a panoramic position, facing the lake has plenty of residential villas. Once here it stood there -the Castello-, ancient structure converted into a villa in the late seventeenth century, later modified by Castelbarco accounts and by the Duke Francesco Melzi. Particularly interesting is the terraced garden, connected to each other by spectacular staircases that lead down to the lake. Today the villa is home to the International Centre for Studies of Opus Dei.



lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via D.in Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138
email: info@tommstudio.it

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como