• Pianello del Lario

Pianello del Lario

The village is made up of several hamlets of old houses decorated with ancient wall frescoes. These hamlets which lie along the gentle slopes of Monte Bregagno preserve in their name the memory of ancient Roman 'remnants'. Calozzo which is seat to the Town Hall, has its houses lined along the banks of the lake; Maggiana, Rovezzano and Sant'Anna are towards inland on the hills which look over the lake. Pianello has characteristic "Crotti" which are natural openings in the calcareous rock suitable as wine cellars for their coolness. Pianello is set in a privileged position and because of its characteristic natural aspect it offers a particularly relaxing environment and nearby entertainment and leisure. There are interesting walks which from the lake lead to the various hamlets.

Church of Saint Martino

Rebuilding of an ancient church belonged to the monks of the abbey of Saint Cristoforo of Como. Inside some frescoes of Isidoro from Campione and others of Gian Battista Annoni, a renaissance Crocefisso in golden silver dated 1489, work of the gravedonese Francisco Ser Gregori, sculptures in marble and one shovel of altar dated back to first years of XVI century. The date 1534 carved on the door refers to the year in which the chuch was completed.

Museo della barca lariana

In 1978 a group of friends of the Lake of Como founded an association called "The Collection of Boats of Lake Como" with the aim of saving the age-old and noble nautical traditions of their lake. The success of this research exceeded all expectations above all due to the enthusiastic involvement of the people of the lake who responded to this initiative by generously donating boats and relating objects but above all by handing down information and traditions which, all put together, make up one of the most important pages of Lake Como culture. The museum was opened in 1982 and it is fitted out in the rooms of an old spinning factory. The building itself is already of interest because it represents the typical shell of a 19th century factory. Over 160 boats built on the Lake of Como or which have been of particular importance in the Lake's nautical traditions or events can be visited in the 14 rooms of this museum. The boats range from fishing boats to those used for transporting goods, from sailing boats to motor-boats, from rowing-boats to absolute pleasure boats. Among the most characteristic examples there is a 19th century Venetian gondola built on the lake of Como, a Cisco a typical English sail-boat of the same century and boats with raked bows used by the smugglers. Furthermore there are Larian gondolas, "comballi" and "quatrass" (typical small lake boats), and a "Balilla" - a propeller-run boat. Not only boats but also fishing nets, sails, engines, accessories, tools and reproduction period photos make the collection richer and more complete.



See also:

 • Gravedona »
 • Domaso »
 • Dongo »
 • Colico »
 • Dervio »
 • Musso »
 • Cremia »
 • Gera Lario - Sorico »
 • San Siro »
 • Pian di Spagna »

lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via D.in Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138
email: info@tommstudio.it

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como