The Broletto

Remarkable building with a gothic facade with white, grey, and red marble belts, flanked from the civic tower in ashlar stones. It was erected in the 1215 by the podestÓ Bonardo Codazzo, then modified according to gothic-renaissance taste in 1477.
This transformation, necessary in order to create room to build the cathedral, mutilated the southern side of the building.

The Broletto, like other communal palaces of northern Italy, is opened in a double porch of four arches on octagonal columns, used for the popular assemblies and, at the first floor it has a great hall where the meeting of the influential people were kept.

It was used as a theatre in 1763 and then transformed into archives in 1899; today is used for exhibitions and public manifestations.
In 1972, with the access stairs accommodation, it has been restored to the original level of the porch under the decking.
The remains of the original staircase of the attack are visible at the connection with the wall of the cathedral.


« BACK

 
Map:



 La cittÓ Murata - the walled city

The expression - cittÓ murata - indicates the quadrangular area included between the walls risen betw ...
More ╗

 

 The funicular railway - Brunate

The Como-Brunate railroad, that connects the lake with the mountains, was opened in December 1894.

...
More ╗

 

 The Cathedral

The cathedral is the result of more than four centuries of working; the construction began in 1396 on the anci ...
More ╗

 

 Basilica of San Fedele

It is in the center of the city, in the homonymous public square; it comes from the addition of a longitudinal ...
More ╗

 

 Volta's temple

In the 1899 we already had the possibility to visit the Voltiana Exposure, full of manuscripts and instruments ...
More ╗

 

 Teatro Sociale

Built to a design by Giuseppe Cusi (1811-13), on the area of the destroyed castle called the Round Tower. It ...
More ╗

 

 Villa Olmo

The villa, built in neoclassical style, was commissioned from marquis Innocenzo Odescalchi and built up on a p ...
More ╗

 

 War Memorial

The tower, 33 meters high, with large windows and completely covered with stone of Aurisina and Reppen, rises ...
More ╗

 

 Porta Torre

It is the oldest and imposing medieval towers remained. It is the central one, and was erected in 1192 along w ...
More ╗

 

 Novocomum

It is the most accomplished early work of Italian Rationalism, built between 1927 and 1929, the architect Gius ...
More ╗

 

 Pinacoteca - Volpi Palace

Erected between 1610 and 1630 by Bishop Vulpiano Volpi, in forms that echo the style of Galeazzo Alessi and Pe ...
More ╗

 

 Casa del Fascio - Terragni Palace

It rises outside the perimeter of the walled city, on the Public square called Piazza del Popolo and is the mo ...
More ╗

 

 Castel Baradello

rful structure risen in dominant position, rebuilt by the Barbarossa towards the half of XII century.
The ...
More ╗

 

 Camerlata Fountain

Its planners were the architect Cesar Cattaneo and the painter Mario Radice. The idea was born in 1935 but the ...
More ╗

 

 Basilica of Sant' Abbondio

It is a meaningful example of Lombardic Romanesque architecture and masterpiece of the comacini masters. It ro ...
More ╗

 

lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via D.in Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138
email: info@tommstudio.it


Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de C˘me -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como