Fuentes Fortress

The building of the fort Fuentes was ordered by the homonymous Spanish Count and Governor of the Duchy of Milan in 1603, in order to guard the most northern border of his territory from an invasion by the Grigioni who were allied with the Republic of Venice).

This fort was wiped out by Giuseppe II in 1782 and destroyed by Napoleon in 1796. Nevertheless we can still identify its perimeter, the Governor’s residence, and the chapel from which a fresco of Saint Barbara was removed but which today is kept in the new parish in Colico dedicated to Saint George.



lake Como tourism
tommstudio - Web Solutions
Via D.in Guerra, 36
Italy 22015 Gravedona (CO)
P.IVA 02948970138
email: info@tommstudio.it

Sitemap :: LarioOnLine services

lago di Como -  lake Como -  Comer see -  Lac de Côme -  Comomeer
Accommodations on lake Como -  Italy Travel Guide -  Domaso lake Como
Gravedona lake Como -  Hotel, Camping, Apartments Domaso lake Como